Hello and Welcome!
Congratulations to all the teams participating in this year's Challenge tournaments!
Here you'll find our Team Rules and links to the 2012 Senior Solutions challenge sites provided by LEGO. And we'll post other useful links here for good tips on robot building, NXT programming, project presentations and more. We'll be adding more information as the season progresses.
IMPORTANT: Every team member should download a copy of the Challenge Document (.pdf) and read the rules. There are rules for both the Project and for the Robot Missions (field setup, each mission and general rules on how the team is scored).
We will be competing at the Regional FLL Tournament:
Dec. 8th, at North Carolina A&T University in Greensboro, NC.
Our Team Number is 3067.
The Team Wiki site is up and running; click on the link above. You need a password from Scott in order to log in. Check your email (or your parents' email) for your user name and password. The Team Wiki site is our private area to keep our team roster, program files, project information and plans. There are discussion forums for us to exchange ideas when we're not together at a meeting, as well.
Our Team Rules
These are our Team Rules, created by the team members for the team members:
- The kids are in charge!
- Our coaches will help keep the team on track.
- Do not talk over each other.
- Come to every meeting if possible.
- Do robot or project homework for the team.
Remember to practice GRACIOUS PROFESIONALISM®.
From the Challenge document:
- You are “Gracious Professionals.” You are competing hard against PROBLEMS, while treating PEOPLE with respect and kindness - people from your own team, as well people from other teams.
- You build onto other people’s ideas instead of resisting or defeating them.
LEGO FLL Links
The official FIRST LEGO League documents and videos are found here:
- 2012 Senior Solutions Challenge (The main website!)
- 2012 Senior Solutions Challenge Document (.pdf) (IMPORTANT!)
- Robot Game Updates (IMPORTANT!)
- Robot Game Video
The sites linked below have good information and hints on building, programming and projects:
- Designing for LEGO FLL - Hints and Tips (.pdf)
- Sample Team Schedule for Challenge seasonf
- NXT Programming Tutorial (good video lessons)
- How To Make Your FLL Robot Go Straight (video)
- FLL Power Puzzle - example of simple chassis and attachments (video)
- FLL Food Factor Top Swiss team - an amazing robot (video)
- FLL Resources links - links to lots of videos and other resources
- nxtprograms Express-Bot (a good simple chassis design)
- NXT Programming - Basic and Advanced (.pdf)